Information technology plays a central role in poverty reduction. It can:
- empower individuals;
- give communities a voice;
- make organisations more responsive;
- hold governments to account.
We believe that technology can make aid work better.
We work with organisations using technology to enable aid transparency. While supporting innovation in the sector, we evaluate and promote the most relevant initiatives. We help to shape the aid transparency community and engage those already involved with open data, open government and technology for development.
We’re especially interested in the issues of:
- aid traceability;
- making aid information more accessible;
- geocoding aid data;
- creating feedback loops for aid beneficiaries;
- the use of crowdsourcing techniques.
If you’ve got an interest in any of the above, this dashboard brings together our most relevant content.